Sunday 28 September 2008

Xiada Kindergarten - Life in Small First Class

Alex has started "performing" some of the songs and dances that she's learnt at school at home - and I hope to get some video soon - but, well we haven't yet seen the class in action - something we plan to do in the coming weeks.

In honour of Alex having class on Saturday and Sunday this week (due to "Golden Week" public holidays- can you imagine the uproar in the US or Australia "Sure, have a public holiday, but go to work/school on Saturday and Sunday to make up the time.") I thought I'd post some photos from the class website.

Playing outside in one of the play areas.










Watching the older kids perform for your class.










Music time.










Drawing.










Finger play.










Typical lunch










And the all importan
t snack time (now I know she was telling me the truth when she told me she had cake - someone's birthday cake - for snack one day...)!





















2 comments:

Donita said...

What a great post! I love seeing Alex in her class - doesn't look like she has any problems fitting in. : P Like anyone was worried about that one!

Heather said...

Hi Lys! I love getting a glimpse of your new life in China. Such a big transition, but it sounds like you guys are doing great.

Xiamen University, China

Xiamen University, China
Our home away from Australia