Tuesday 2 September 2008

Others who have gone before...

We have been fortunate to have received some excellent advice, information and kids' toys etc from a lady who spent the past year here as a Fulbright scholar with her family. Read all about it in her informative blog (and don't expect me to be nearly as witty)!

Alex was ecstatic when she walked into her daddy's office and found the rather large box of toys (including dress-ups and high heels - can you say "heaven"?), books and a large bag of clothes that they had thoughtfully left us. Although she was excited to unpack the boxes we'd sent by mail ("My toys made it all the way to China!") these additional things were brand new for her and therefore very exciting indeed.

And we're still getting information from her - which helps so much when you speak (for all intents and purposes) zero of the language.

Feeling the lack of english now (three weeks in) as our tv is on the fritz (though we only had one channel in english) and I've finished my english books (cursing my speed reading now) - I'm even eying The Iliad, trying to decide if I'll read it again.

So tomorrow I intend to head off to the Carrefour to see what I can find - might even get some ideas for Sebastien's first birthday in a little under three weeks.

No comments:

Xiamen University, China

Xiamen University, China
Our home away from Australia