Tuesday 16 September 2008

We interrupt this retrospective for some current news...


Hooray!

About once each eight days or so, our drinking water needs a new bottle. So we need to get on the phone and call them, asking for some water, giving our address etc. Up until now Brett has done that (twice I believe) so today was my turn.

And the water just arrived!!

Now I just wonder whether they actually understood what I was saying or whether we are their only foreign customers so as soon as they hear us they know it's us...hmm.

Still, not going to let it burst my bubble - we have water for another week!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I had the exact same win on our first week in China - one of the foreign teachers, who could also speak Chinese, kindly wrote what we had to say in pin yin (which I then wrote above with what I thought would be the phonetic spelling, as pin yin is shocking), and after a nerve wrecking hour or so our water turned up, I felt so elated. Our assistance was that there was pretty much one area of our college with foreigners in it, so as long as you got the building and room numbers right they usually turned up. You've probably worked this out already, but at the beginning we ordered two bottles to ensure we always made sure we had a spare bottle (we had a to pay a deposit for the container) and water always on hand. Love hearing your Chinese stories, bringing back so many memories! Can’t wait to discuss your experiences when we see you.

PS hope the kids are feeling better!

Xiamen University, China

Xiamen University, China
Our home away from Australia