Friday 5 September 2008

Saved

I have been trying to get out and around town (difficult when trying to avoid the heat/humidity and Sebastien's 9am sleep) but I finally made it to Carrefour (having frequented Trustmart and Walmart). I found my favorite supermarket yet! Cheese! Alcohol (more than just dicey chinese wine and 101 brands of whiskey)! And bedlinen for our bed (um, having bought 2 sets and have them not fit, this was such a sigh of relief)!

What a pity that it is so far away (on the other side of the train station). But I still have to check out Metro (a German supermarket that does bulk shopping, a bit like Sam's Club in C-U - and not sure what in Australia) which promises to be just as good and possibly even better.

I'm saving it for next week!

1 comment:

White-Graham Family said...

The Germans have it!! We love Aldi, which we believe is German owned but costs us around $200 a fortnight to shop! Big difference from $300 a WEEK. Love to bulk buy which Big W also comes in handy for (laundry det, toilet paper & soft drinks). I figure it may be German owned but it employs Australians and most of their products are Australian owned, they just know how to negotiate low prices!

Xiamen University, China

Xiamen University, China
Our home away from Australia