Sunday 21 June 2009

A guest post from 黄柏学 (Huang Bo Xue, Porter)

While Lys and Seb were in Australia, I bartered my English skills for some babysitting with a Chinese family. Every Saturday morning I would help the two children of the family to learn English and on Sunday morning they would look after Alex while I lectured. Porter has been kind enough tell us all about Alex's adventure on Gulangyu, a small tourist island just a 5 minute ferry ride from Xiamen.

On Sunday morning my family and I went to the Gulang islet. When we got off the boat, first we just walked around the island to see everywhere. Then we took lots of pictures of many places. When the time was near 12 o’clock, we looked for a place to eat lunch. We found the famous place to eat lunch in Gulang islet. We ate the fish ball soup. When we took the boat back to Xiamen, we had to buy the tickets first. When we got on the boat there were so many people. Alex was tired, she couldn’t stand properly.

No comments:

Xiamen University, China

Xiamen University, China
Our home away from Australia