Wednesday 19 May 2010

Shopping in China

OK, I have something to admit. Since living in China, I have developed an almost pathelogical hatred of shopping. Really. It comes from having every action minutely observed. It comes from having a fridge that isn't large enough to store more than one or two days of food (even with eating out for dinner). It comes of not having access to a convenient car and having to shlepp everything so far: the main import foods store is twenty to thirty minutes by taxi - depending on traffic.

So when they changed the advertising in the elevators here a while ago I had to take a photo. I mean, I have NEVER seen a Chinese person with a trolley laden like this. I only ever saw this in Australia and America. Oh how I miss those once-a-week shops...

No comments:

Xiamen University, China

Xiamen University, China
Our home away from Australia