Wednesday 21 May 2008

Can I have fries with that?

For Christmas, Mrs Claus brought Alex $5 worth of MacDonalds vouchers. Well, although they are all gone now, it was amusing to watch her "spend" them. She had the voucher and therefore I told her she needed to order from the person behind the counter. So we practiced a little before we got there so she knew just what she wanted. You can't tell from the receipt, but when she was asking, it it went something like this:

Excuse me please. I'd like a hamburger, a serviette, and some chips, and a serviette...and some water.

I'd have to translate the chips for the person behind the counter (no bags of chips here!) and also serviette. But I loved that the second item (and fourth item!) were serviettes! Cool!

1 comment:

White-Graham Family said...

I can't believe the water is .09c! That's cheap water. Over here in the drought I think petrol is cheaper per litre!

I probably shouldn't be making that comparison for drinking purposes :(

Xiamen University, China

Xiamen University, China
Our home away from Australia