Tuesday 20 May 2008

Alex's words

Brett's about to begin a mammoth lead-up to his prelim in early June so I'm flying solo with the kids for the next couple of weeks. Tough, but doable.

Tonight after Sebastien had gone down for the night, Alex was getting in some cuddles while she could (read: stalling bedtime) and insisted:

A: I get five cuddles because I'm five.
Me: Hang on, if you're five then you should be at big-school, not preschool. I'd better take you there tomorrow instead.
A: No, no, I'm three so I go to pre-school.
Me: Ok.
A: But I can see my statue in your eyes.
Me: That's your reflection
A: I see one here (finger perilously close to my iris) and one here (not so close). Why is there white bits?
Me: (thinking furiously - how low do I set this explanation..) Well, our eyes have lots of colours - what colours can you see?
A: Black, brown and white - hey, you haven't given me five hugs yet!

(Nicely deflected Mummy)

No comments:

Xiamen University, China

Xiamen University, China
Our home away from Australia