Tuesday 19 May 2009

Sebastien's words I

I suppose that Sebastien should now be having his own little segment - being 19 months and all.

Sebastien has a real mix of vocabulary - American sign language, english spoken and mandarin spoken. I'm making this list off the top of my head so I'm sure that I'm missing some. I'll add more later once Brett reminds me of those really obvious ones I'm missing!

Of the sign language, he can say: hat, ear, hello/goodbye, please, thank you, more, help, shoes, socks, up, book, eat, hot, drink, wait, sleep, water.

His spoken english runs to: mama, dada, alex, there, book, more, please, yes (yeah), no, uh oh (at first this was just oh), up, car, ear, nose, mouth, oats, pear, bread, again.

His spoken mandarin (he understands more words) includes: ni ka (ni kan - [you] look!), gong gong (gong gong qi che: bus), shui (water), bao (bread), bao zi (steamed buns), mian bao che (van), ka che (truck) - do you see a theme?! :)

His sister often speaks to him in a mix of chinese and english - sometimes it is easier for her to say something to him in chinese if she has said it at school. It is quite funny to watch (and listen to). He also pretends to use the mobile/cell phone and say "wei, dui" which is "hello, correct".

No comments:

Xiamen University, China

Xiamen University, China
Our home away from Australia