Tuesday 19 May 2009

Alex's words VIII

As a routine, we have dessert at night - whether it's chocolate from a recent party, fruit or a chinese "mystery item.

Alex: "I've eaten everything in my bowl - I want chocolate for dessert."
Brett: "How about an orange - I think that there is one in the fridge."
Alex goes to check out the fridge.
Alex: "Um, you guys can't come and see - daddy, there isn't one here."

Any guesses as to what we had?!

When we went to see some chinese dragon dancing with some friends, the excitement happened afterwards as we saw an apartment on fire (least we saw the smoke and saw the fire engine arrive). So during one of our drawing times I had drawn a house with a smoking chimney (Alex was guessing what I was drawing).

Alex: "Excuse me, is that a house with fire coming out of it?"
Me: "No, it's a chimney letting smoke out of the fireplace come out of the house."
Alex: "N0 - 'cause it's Santa Claus'. Santa Claus lives in the chimney."
Me: "That doesn't sound very comfortable."
Alex: "And where's the fire engine?"

And so the next picture to draw was decided.

Alex believes that ballerinas "ballerine" - "Look at Dorothy [the dinosaur in The Wiggles], she's ballerine-ing."

No comments:

Xiamen University, China

Xiamen University, China
Our home away from Australia