Sunday 13 April 2008

School Week Two

We received a parent newsletter to let us know what has been happening - at school this week the class has been finishing up a focus on literacy (letter of the day, words with this letter) and finished an alphabet book which will come home next week. The class had a visit from a local tv channel personality who read them a book called "Silly Sally" - the children made a craft and got to bring a book home with them. Last week the class was visited by McGruff and talked about getting lost and knowing where you live. Next week the class will talk about getting older so we should send a photo of Alex as a baby with her birth information and how she was as a baby (happy, angry etc) plus they'll start growing some plants too - busy, busy, busy!


Things I have learnt:
  1. Teachers are not joking when they ask children to wear washable clothing - I am amazed by the state of Alex's clothes some days!
  2. On a plus, this gives me a clue when I ask Alex what she had for lunch/snack and her answer is "I don't know"...
  3. Volunteers are much loved in the classroom - and I should make the most of this whilst my child isn't "embarrassed" to have me around.
  4. If I get to school earlier that 2.55pm, I should be prepared to sit in the car and read a book/knit/twiddle my thumbs as any early arrival in the classroom will be seen as devasting by Alex.
  5. If I put 5 days worth of clothes in seperate plastic bags, then Alex is happy to wear what I want so long as she gets to choose one of those bags (this is a bit tricky with the current weather we're experiencing but should get easier once it is consistently warm).
  6. I'm sure there are more, so I'll save them for next week!

1 comment:

Tina said...

Evie never remembers what she ate for lunch, either!!!

Xiamen University, China

Xiamen University, China
Our home away from Australia