Thursday 17 April 2008

School Week Three

I was all set to say that "No art came home this week." - but today is Friday and, yes, one piece of art made its way home today (see photo).

This week, after two aborted attempts, Brett volunteered at the school. I shall leave it to him to post about that experience - but I am hoping to volunteer next week.

Thursday brought Alex's first preschool music concert - which I will blog about in a separate post.

Alex has taken to saying "I love Mrs Byers (one of her teachers)" - possibly this could be due to the fact that every afternoon when we come to pick her up, she is sitting near or on Mrs Byers' lap having a story read to her.

More bits:
  1. Alex started going to preschool on Daddy's bike with Mummy and Sebastien picking her up in the afternoon.
  2. Alex knows that you play "chase" with boys in the playground - preferably without her coat as that makes it easier for them to catch her (this was harder to decipher as one of the children in her class is a little boy called..."Chase")
  3. Every day when asked what was for lunch, she answers "I don't know" (read "I don't remember") - could this be the beginning of the whole "What did you do at school today?" "Nothin'." routine??
  4. We are very sad that there is no school on the weekend.
  5. No matter how I do her hair, it is completely undone at the end of each day.
  6. Peer pressure has its advantages - Alex went from having no afternoon nap to (within the first 3 days) having a 1.5 hour afternoon nap each day - which we try to continue on weekends.

1 comment:

lyndall said...

Rachelle will be an expert on Pre School Music concerts. She came with me to a few when I worked for Mini Maestros in the Child Care Centres around Melbourne! Can't wait to see that post!

Xiamen University, China

Xiamen University, China
Our home away from Australia