Tuesday 1 April 2008

Girl Scout Cookies

When I read the usual kid books I'd often come across things that only happened in a different country (usually USA or England). One of those things was girl scout cookies. These are seasonal so, being the end of the "cookie" season, Alex and I treked out to the local headquarters to make our purchase. Alex took delight in selecting the two boxes we ended up purchasing (thin mints and Samoas - or caramel delites) which coincidentally are the two most popular types. She drew many comments, but mainly for her "unique sense of style" - you realise very quickly that you need to choose your battles...

2 comments:

Sarah said...

you inspire me everyday to pick my battles! i LOVE this photo!!!!! when i saw you this weekend (at the mall) you were so calm to tell me that alex didn't get to get her dress because she didn't know how to sit in a dress.....again, you inspire me!!!!! thanks for sharing!

Sarah said...

I commented on this but can't get over this...as I face having my own princess! It is just priceless and on the worst of days, seriously, this picture brightens my day Lys!

Xiamen University, China

Xiamen University, China
Our home away from Australia