Wednesday 23 April 2008

I feel the earth, move, under my feet...

Earthquake! Yep, you heard me. Never did I think that I'd get to experience such a thing, especially in the Mid-West of America. But on 18 April I woke thinking someone had crashed their car into the apartment building. Whilst I was thinking I needed to go see if they needed help, it registered that the apartment was still moving - so next I thought that the motor of the fridge was about to give out (duh I know). Finally it clicked that it may be an earthquake - but by this time things had stopped shaking. Did I mention that Brett, Alex and Sebastien slept right through it?!

We've also been having aftershocks all week - but to be honest, I haven't felt any of those.

I just want to get out of town without experiencing a tornado...

1 comment:

Chelle said...

The tornado siren that sounded while I was staying with you was enough to freak me out!

Xiamen University, China

Xiamen University, China
Our home away from Australia