Saturday 19 April 2008

Another one bites the dust...

I always find it sad when something I've found to be useful (whether that's a piece of clothing that fit particularly well - usually a bra, a household item or food) is no longer viable or available. So I was sad when my trusty can opener (called "Sesame" - I love it - "Open, Sesame!"...hehehe) that I purchased at the 2005 Invention Expo in Geneva Switzerland finally stopped opening cans. You see, it was an original one that separated the top from the bottom without cutting the tin - something that appealed to me as when I was in high-school I dropped a cut open can (upside down) on my foot and required quite a few stitches; I still have the scar. It just isn't the same to get one from the US - but that's what I've done, gone out and purchased one. Sigh.

2 comments:

lyndall said...

lol - I remember that - it was a condensed milk can..... We, too love our "ouchless" can opener - it is funny to watch people trying to figure out how to use it. Also it makes collecting tins to use as pencil tins in the classroom much easier!

Donita said...

I'm so glad that's a can opener....just wasn't sure, at first! Bah!

Xiamen University, China

Xiamen University, China
Our home away from Australia