Friday 7 December 2007

No really, I'm happy...really, these are just tears of joy...

I have to blog this...I can hardly believe it happened. Why does all the "exciting" stuff happen to me and not Brett?!

After an eventful morning at Parents Morning Out and lunch at Panera, we had just come home and put Alex down for her pm nap. I had already changed her nappy once and threatened her dire consequences (the removal of her friends from her bed) if she didn't settle down and get to sleep. Now I was feeding Sebastien who had made his misery evident every minute I had put him aside to change Alex. About 20 minutes pass and Sebastien is starting to slow down...I hear a quiet (her bedroom door was closed) voice say "I did it by myself"...and again. I debate the merits of disturbing Sebastien to check out this statement, and finally hoist myself and Sebastien out of the armchair to check out Alex. Upon opening her door I see her - naked - and a discarded nappy on the ground...and a mountain of wipes next to it. "I did a poo mummy..." Alex proudly declares to me (we're just starting to overcome BM withholding issues) "...and I wiped myself all by myself too!" Uh oh! I check out the box that (used to) contain the wipes...empty. Okayyyy - so she used almost 100 wipes to clean up - take a deep breath - "that's wonderful sweetheart - bend over so I can make sure you're all done".

And I still needed to finish it up! I guess I should just be happy that nothing had been smeared on the ground, that she had managed to keep all the dirty wipes on the nappy...so I just said that next time she wanted to clean up herself, she should let me know so I could give her one or two wipes - cause that's all she'll be getting!!!

Kids, who needs more stress!

2 comments:

White-Graham Family said...

I'm wishing I still had the nappy stage--I've now got the "Adolescent Juncture". Wiping poops off bottoms sounds better than when they speak it! Soooo much for you guys to look forward to, but soooo worth it as well (don't tell the boys I said that-I'm trying to instill fear!)

lyndall said...

Ha! I just had a flash memory of that photo of Mum wiping your bottom Lys! I guess it's a mother thing - the thought of wiping someone elses bottom just fills me with fear! Maybe that will change some day though.......Actually I have wiped the odd dreg off Yoda - does that count?

Xiamen University, China

Xiamen University, China
Our home away from Australia