Saturday 1 December 2007

More on Grandie and Poppie

The weather really changed and for the last few days it was awful. Poppie came down with a bug and wasn't really well - which must have made the return airtrip pretty average.

Highlights of the trip (and I'm sure I'm forgetting some as they've been gone almost 2 weeks now):
When buying Alex's laxative medicine at Walmart, we went to pay for it. Poppie, being a doctor, was interested to read the packaging. Alex (whom we have been busy training that people's medicine is their own and not for anyone else to have) said "no poppie (whilst holding tightly to the bottle) the doctor said that this was just Alex's medicine, so you can't have it (to look at)" to which Poppie said "well that's ok, 'cause I'm a doctor (holding out his hand)" at which point Alex looked askance at him and declared "no you're not a doctor, you're a poppie". Case closed!

Over at Grandie and Poppie's apartment, we're all in the living room - Poppie and Grandie with Alex and Sebastien on the couch. Alex is getting direction from her mummy about what she should be doing - "no mummy, you're not the boss of me!" (trying not to laugh) "then who's the boss of you?" I ask. "Alex!" She then points to Poppie "and Grandie is the boss of you" and points to Grandie "and Poppie is the boss of you"...confused? We were!

Then there was the sauntering along towards the Savoy Schnucks supermarket on the footpath, hands in her jeans pockets - unfortunately I don't have a photo, but Poppie does and when I get a copy I'll blog it!

I forgot to mention that the other big draw to Grandie and Poppie's apartment was the promise of dessert each night - Poppies favorite Ben and Jerry's icecream! And very soon, Alex's favorite too! Which sure confused her when Tom and Jerry were on the Cartoon Network!

If I remember anymore, I'll edit this post. But at the moment I'm suffering sleep deprivation and need to get some shut eye. More later!

No comments:

Xiamen University, China

Xiamen University, China
Our home away from Australia