Wednesday 23 January 2008

How Alex sees winter

It snowed again last night, so out come the snow boots...to tramp through as much snow as possible. "Winter's here again, mummy" comments Alex as I heft her into the carseat,the better to avoid muddy water pooling from her boots onto where she'll be sitting. "Wait mummy, wait" she cries from the back seat - "You forgot to shave the car!" "I beg your pardon?" I ask, not quite sure what I heard. "You forgot to shave the car!" she repeats, pointing at the lacy ice patterns on the lower portion of her window.

An "aha! moment". We use a scraper and brush to clear the windows after snow/ice - because we don't have a garage to park the car in. And the shape is very much like daddy's razer...so a two-year-old's logic leads to - shave the car!

3 comments:

Chelle said...

I'd love to be in Alex's head for just a day - I love kids' impressions of the world.

Just one thing though - I didn't think Alex would ever have seen Daddy shave??!! ;-)

The Atkisson Family said...

That is too funny/cute!!

Tina said...

OMG! I need to shave MY car!!!!

Xiamen University, China

Xiamen University, China
Our home away from Australia