Monday 5 November 2007

Here's something I prepared earlier...

Ahh, Grandie and Poppie sent a wonderful box of goodies all the way from Australia - and included was an Alex-sized apron. So as Alex is now in the "very helpful" stage (when she isn't perfecting her "I'm a terrible-two-toddler" tantrum) I decided we needed to start cooking together on a more regular basis. I'm trying to find toddler friendly recipes that she can help me with.

Here are a few photos of our latest cooking adventure - Alex's favorite "cupcakes" cornbread.

First of all, we stand on our special step that lets us get into all sorts of things in the kitchen (and yes, that is our very sharp knife knifeblock on the bench). Then we smile at the camera, show off what we are making and say "cheese".










Then we very carefully pour our ingredients into our bowl, mix it somewhat erratically and make sure Mummy puts the correct amount into each muffin paper.







Finally we hide as we start a long-putoff tantrum instead of smiling for the camera with our finished product.

All in a day's work, really!

1 comment:

White-Graham Family said...

WOW! They look great Alex. I've never had cornbread cupcakes before but they look really yummy. Maybe it's the hiding next to the oven that's the trick. I might try that one next time I cook cupcakes...the boys might think I'm strange though :( Your apron is very schmick too, very professional!

Xiamen University, China

Xiamen University, China
Our home away from Australia