Friday 31 August 2007

I've been tagged...

My friend Donita tagged me to blog 8 things that people don't know about me...what she doesn't realise that back in December (yes you read that right) I started a post about 50 things about myself - which is still in draft form! So I've decided that whilst 50 things may be beyond me, 8 things I can definitely do. So here goes:

1 When I was little I loved frogs. I'm not sure why, perhaps it was because when I visited my Poppie, we could lift up some concrete bricks in theirbuilt-in BBQ and usually find one, or two. I still have a soft spot for them, especially green-tree frogs.

2 When I was younger (and had no fear) I loved to hang a blue-tongue lizard on my shoulder - my parents even have photos of this. No chance of that happening now - I realise that they can bite!!

3 I have a stationery fetish. No really, I loove stationery shops. Pens, paper, assorted bits and pieces - it all is immensely attractive to me. So much so that I decided long ago never to work in a stationery shop as I'd never take home any pay!

4 I don't know what I want to be when I grow up, I mean when the kids get to school. I'm pretty much resigned to being a SAHM until Sebastien hits kindergarten, but I'd like to get back out in the workforce in some capacity, if only for my self-esteem (earning some of my own money). So I'm trying to work out what I want to do when that happens...

5 I'm a "no-ironing" kind of gal - anyone checking out what I (and Alex) have been wearing the past year could tell this - although I tend to steer cleer of cotton etc that needs ironing in the hopes that I can escape it indefinitely...

6 I have severe house envy - moreso because both of my sisters are now homeowners in Australia. Just something I pictured having done by the time I was 30...maybe now 40...

7 I can't remember the last time I went out to see a movie in a theatre (other than the 3 times we went as a family to a kids movie to see if Alex'd sit through it - no she didn't) and I'm not sure if I've missed anything.

8 Oh, last one. Hmm, my favorite fruit is mango - definitely an "eat it naked in the bath" kind of thing - and unfortunately Alex also enjoys mango so I now have to share :(

So there it is - 8 things that I managed to write down. Nothing earth shattering, but then again, who has time to be earthshattering?!

2 comments:

Donita said...

Good job, Alyssa! I didn't know any of these things about you : ) Mangos? Bathtub? ummm, I am NOT gonna touch that one with a ten foot pole!

lyndall said...

Ha! Being a Nevin, I fully understand the mango in the bathtub reference. I wonder if you want the severe mortage frustration to go with the house envy? Believe it or not I'm pretty envious of all your travelling, and your beautiful daughter!! I guess the grass is always greener huh? But you still have to mow it!

Xiamen University, China

Xiamen University, China
Our home away from Australia