Wednesday 1 August 2007

Time off for good behaviour...


This past weekend, Alex and Brett drove to somewhere in Wisconsin to go cycling and camping (one night). They left at 5.30am and got back Sunday afternoon. Leaving me with time off for good behaviour!

There was no way I was cycling (my Dr had already admonished me for cycling a month ago...) and with the heat and humidity at the moment, I had no yearning to sleep on the ground...in a tent...so I voted to stay at home.

Brett managed to shoot a few photos - the first is one of the tunnels Alex loves so much.




The town where they ended up was very much like Switzerland - even down to the Swiss flag flying in the park!








Alex insisted in sleeping in just a diaper - and apparently it was cold enough to warrant a blanket...she came back with many mosquito bites and a sprained finger...not too bad for a night away in the "wilds"!

And as for me, what did I do? I had to resist the urge to catch up on all the housework that has sorely been lacking lately - and restricted myself to the laundry, sweeping the floor and then spent the rest of the time scrapbooking the last few pages of Alex's first year album - HOORAY!

3 comments:

Donita said...

NEW GLARUS! It's a wonderful place! Some day Rob and I will go to Glarus, Switzerland so we can compare the two : )I'm thinking I'd prefer the old to the new.

Brett Graham said...

That's right Donita. It was New Glarus. It was lucky Lys didn't come. She would have pined for Switzerland if she had.

Tofamily said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Xiamen University, China

Xiamen University, China
Our home away from Australia