Friday 31 August 2007

35 gone 35 to go


Well we've hit the 35 weeks, 35 days to go time for this pregnancy. Although let me tell you that 35 days sounds like a loooong time to me. My doctor had Brett and I guess a delivery date and, well I guessed the earliest at 13th Sept, he guessed next at 22nd September, and she guessed the due date. I know that I'm just asking for an overdue baby given I've been ready for the past month to have him! We shall see.

Alex is getting used to the idea of Sebastien actually being here in person - she has visited the hospital and attended a big sister class. She still wants to be held like a baby and (occasionally) feed like a baby - something I'm not encouraging. But she's also making leaps and bounds in being a big girl, trying to help with everything and insisting that Sebastien stop kicking mummy.


Last night she fell out of her bed for only the second time since she moved into it - boy did she make a loud thump! Luckily no "ows with blood", and she slept soundly til after 8am this morning which was a nice change from the usual 7am wake up call.


Alex is still upset that we don't go out to nearly as many places as we used to, and is always saying "no go home mummy" when we're heading back, usually for lunch. I'm seeking out possible preschools for her, but because she is only 2 1/2 and not fully potty trained it is somewhat difficult. She's definitely keen to go to school though and wants to especially catch a yellow school bus. We deal with that by catching the local bus to visit daddy's work at the university which she loves - both the trip there and the visit.


And because I don't really have a photo for this entry, I thought I'd add a photo of Alex as a baby, and then at 13 months...

No comments:

Xiamen University, China

Xiamen University, China
Our home away from Australia