Saturday 5 July 2008

Tornado warnings - or is it watches?

***Post date June 9th***

Now that we're well into spring (though it feels like summer) we have all those storms starting up. With that comes the few times a season tornado warning siren. Tornado watch/tornado warnings

We had our first of the season recently - after a very full day - we'd just gotten Alex and Sebastien to bed and asleep for about 30 minutes and...sirens. Listening to the radio we're told to get immediately to shelter - a basement, crawl space etc - and wait with our radios. Brett and I look at each other...what to do, what to do...maybe we're getting complacent after our time here but we decided to take the "wait-n-see" approach before getting the kids up. Meanwhile, we prepared to pick up and go, go, go which included getting our shoes on. Hmm, Alex's new thing is helping people to tie their laces so when I go to get my shoes I see she's helped me with my laces (sorry - it was late and I didn't use my flash - click on it to show the enlarged photo):



Anyone for twisty laces? Not easy to undo when you're in a rush...though you'll note I still took the time to take the photo...

No comments:

Xiamen University, China

Xiamen University, China
Our home away from Australia