Wednesday 23 July 2008

A growing awareness

The other night we sold the kid's dresser and moved it out whilst they slept. Alex was concerned but her only comment when she woke up: "But now I don't have anymore underwear."

Today it was the coffee table that went. Alex was growing concerned: "Why's she taking our coffee table?" "Because she bought it." "But why?" "Because we can't take it to China, it's too big."

tick

tick

tick

"I don't want her to take the couch - I want it to stay here."

Thank goodness she hasn't wanted to ride with her daddy on the bike - the toddler bike seat also went the other night!!

2 comments:

Chelle said...

The end of an era.
How emotional to pack up/sell everything and say goodbye to all the wonderful people who have been part of your life in Urbana.

I'm a bit sad too that I won't be back - I was looking forward to going back to the US & finally doing that architectural tour of Chicago and re-visit the cool zoo. (I was just telling someone the other day that I've seen a real live aardvark) :-)

Enjoy the rest of your time guys.

Heather said...

Lys, this sounds all too familiar. We went through that with Em as we prepared for NY. Em was quite traumatized with the move while we were still in IL, but has transitioned remarkably well to NY. I wish the same for Alex! Best of luck with the move.

Xiamen University, China

Xiamen University, China
Our home away from Australia