Tuesday 29 July 2008

Alex's words V

I wanted to get it as accurate as possible, but had to fudge a little as I left it too long to write down.

Tonight at dinner, Alex wasn't impressed that we wouldn't let her feed Sebastien until she'd finished her own dinner. Out goes the bottom lip, the arms cross in front of her chest:

"I am not going to be your friends anymore guys."

She turns to the wall - Brett and I try to contain ourselves.

"I'm not going to be your friends."

Then I manage a "But we're not your friends, we're your parents."

A second passes:

"I don't want you to be my parents."

Broad grins pass between Brett and I: "Too bad, you're stuck with us."

A brief sigh errupts from Alex and the ultimate punishment...

"Well, I'm not going to talk to you then." (Turns to the wall.)

Any guess as to how long that lasted?!

1 comment:

Chelle said...

I wish I could use that method of negotiation at work sometimes...(sigh).

Xiamen University, China

Xiamen University, China
Our home away from Australia