Sunday 26 November 2006

Thanksgiving

We have just celebrated the wonderful holiday of Thanksgiving with some friends on Thursday evening - lots of turkey and pumpkin pie for everyone. But the most important part of the holiday is the Friday morning shopping - known as Black Friday since this is supposedly the one day of the year that makes a difference between a yearly profit and loss. Alex and Daddy had quality time at home while Mummy tackled the crowds. And here she is with the spoils of the day!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

well here you go i have placed my comment the blog looks good and i will be keeping my eye on it
talk to you later

tim

Donita said...

You are a real trooper for getting out with those crowds and shopping! I couldn't do it. Although, I did get out and took a drive around Rockford to get out of the house for a bit. Hope the deals were good : )

Unknown said...

Now that's the Lys I know and love. What's the use of you being on the other side of the world when I need to go clothes shopping?

Lys said...

I feel obligated to point out that the purchases were all Christmas decorations or gifts for Brett and Alex. And I didn't head out until after 8am - unlike the die-hard shoppers who camped out overnight in many instances. But it won't be repeated as the crowds were intimidating.

Xiamen University, China

Xiamen University, China
Our home away from Australia